home | Cloud Types | Related Technologies
Welcome to www.thecloudtutorial.com
Cloud computing companies
Cloud computing companies come in all shapes and sizes. All large software vendors either have offerings in cloud space, or in the process of launching one. In addition there are many startups that have interesting products in cloud space. Here at theCloudTutorial we have a list of major vendors of cloud computing.
Infrastructure as a Service cloud computing companies
- Amazon's offerings include S3 (Data storage/file system), SimpleDB (non-relational database) and EC2 (computing servers).
- Rackspace's offerings include Cloud Drive (Data storage/file system), Cloud Sites (web site hosting on cloud) and Cloud Servers(computing servers).
- GoGrid's offerings include Cloud Hosting (web site hosting on cloud) and Cloud Storage (Data storage/file system).
- IBM's offerings include Smart Business Storage Cloud and Computing on Demand (CoD).
- AT&T's offerings include Synaptic Storage as a service and Synaptic Compute as a service.
Platform as a Service cloud computing companies
- Googles AppEngine is a development platform based upon Python and Java.
- force.com's offers a development platform based upon a proprietary programming language called Apex.
- Microsoft Azure provides a development platform based upon .Net.
Software as a Service companies
- Google offerings in the SaaS space include Google Docs, GMail, Google Calendar and Picasa.
- IBM provides LotusLive iNotes, a web based email service that provides messaging and calendaring capabilities to business users.
- Zoho has vast suite of online products similar to Microsoft office suite.